NewZealandAtoZ reviews; Cardrona Alpine Resort
Cardrona Ski Resort - Spring 2008
45 minute drive from Wanaka township.
Main road sealed to start of Cardrona access road (20 minutes). Unsealed, wide, well maintained access road to base facilities. Depending on conditions, chain rental and fitting available where appropriate on the mountain from a very friendly chap ($10 to fit plus $20 to hire).
Extensive base facilities as expected for a commercial operation.
Family of four including 3 and 5 year old. First time skiing for the kids with review based over 3 visits.
When we arrived a licensed preschool greeted my 3 year old which operated 9am-4pm inclusive of lunch, etc ($100). This option also included a 1:1, one hour private ski lesson (equipment included). Located adjacent to the preschool, my 5 year old was signed in at the kids centre for the day. Package ($95) excluding equipment. This included four hours skiing with a kids instructor, lunch and ‘chill out' activities such as games, etc with the other kids.
After settling the kids, we hit the slopes on Cardrona rented equipment. The hire process was very efficient and the skis and boots were modern and in good condition as you would expect. The field is very vast (we didn't see our 5 year old most days!) and appears to cater for everyone but more dominantly beginners and intermediate users. Pipe Park and Terrain Park looked awesome and provided impressive action (and entertainment) whilst riding the lifts.
- Cheerful morning informative greeting at the start of the access road from Carol (obviously a Cardrona icon!)
- Accurate communication of conditions.
- Reduced rates when facilities not fully operational (Captain's Express Quad).
- Family friendly. I overheard one customer mention they came especially to Cardrona each day from Queenstown just for the kids centre.
- Written reports of kid's progress.
- Allocation of convenient parking (at base level) for families with small children wanting to use preschool facilities.
- Family package when various costs start to get over $400 per day!
- On field concierge service to assist with directions and maybe during the day roam around offering assistance and/or quick ski / boarding tips.
Overall a great family experience. Cardrona sum it up well themselves......'My Cardrona'....'My best time of year'.
Reviews / Comments for NewZealandAtoZ reviews; Cardrona Alpine Resort
No reviews have been written write a review now.